Re: QCCOLOR.DRV not working

JayHill (bjohnson@ainet.com)
Tue, 30 Jul 1996 07:51:50 -0700

Shelley Sick Ruth wrote:

> When I run CU-SeeMe, I receive a General Protection Fault(GPF) everytime it opens. ( I am running
> windows 3.1). I just loaded my Quickcam camera software - that loads the QCCOLOR.DRV into the
> windows directory - and this is the file it shows in the GPF: as QCCOLOR.DRV @ 0003:0427.

isnt windows great ....
here is some info about installing the color quickcam and
whitepine 2.01 cuseeme

thanks again to BUNDY !

Subject:
To get Enhanced CU-SeeMe working with QuickCam
Date:
Thu, 06 Jun 1996 17:31:38 -0400
From:
"David O. Bundy" <dbundy@wpine.com>
To:
<CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu>

We have gotten many users calling about the Color QuickCam crashing when
starting Enhanced CU-SeeMe. The Problem comes when you have CU-SeeMe
already
installed and then added the QuickCam, the quickcam does not get to happy
about setting it into 24 bit capture mode before detecting what modes it
does support from a raw new install of CU-SeeMe. So if you had CU-SeeMe
configured before or used with another capture card you need to make sure
it does not try to set it into this mode. Below is a workarround from
support.

The workaround is this:

edit the cuseeme.ini file
find the [capture settings] section
change the line CaptureDepth= from 24 to 16
save and exit
startup Enhanced CU-SeeMe (user gets an all-white local video window)
go to preferences - change codec to color.

The user should be all set after that.

Good Luck

Dave B.
David O. Bundy