Re: B & W or Color?

Ciaran Carter (Ciaran.Carter@stbrn.ac.uk)
Wed, 02 Jul 1997 12:27:34

At 12:54 01/07/97 -0400, you wrote:
>On Tue, 1 Jul 1997, Michael Kankiewicz wrote:
>
>> Other than cost considerations, are there any *disadvantages* to using=
>> color quickcam if you plan on sending in B & W.
>> IOW, is it slower or anything, need more RAM, etc?
>>=20
>
>Definitely! The color quickcam does a disappointing job in B/W. It is=20
>significantly poorer in b/w than the b/w quickcam. Either stick with a b=
/w=20
>quickcam, or get a decent color camera like the Compro D-cam which also=20
>does a beautiful job in b/w.

I suggest upgrading your drivers, the latest set of drivers for the colou=
quick cam produce a very good B&W image.

Ciaran

"Democracy isn't just the best from of government; it=92s the only one ev=
en
remotely worth a damn. Only democracy guarantees that people get what the=
deserve."
--Dark Conspiracy RPG

http://www.stbrn.ac.uk/
ftp://mail.stbrn.ac.uk/