Re: Is a Pentium 133 too slow?

Dave Enberg (denberg@gzea.com)
Tue, 22 Jul 1997 09:02:21 -0400

just thought I'd throw this in.....

I recently purchased ver 3.0 without realizing what the minimum system
requirements were (P100, 16 mb ram, LAN connection-56k). I installed it on
my office machine (P166, 64 mb ram, 1 mb MGA video card) and it CRAWLED!
so it was hopeless for my home machine (p75, 16 mb ram)

If you want to run 3.o, you will need a much faster processor and more
ram...also consider a video capture board for whatever cam you buy.
Regardless of all this, I think ver 3.0 is a waste of money. I too have
used Internet Phone with a color cam, and it works very well...even the
audio. I don't know what the problem with Cuseeme is, but I'm gradually
getting more and more disappointed in it.