Re: ThinkPad and CUSeeMe

Robert Lefebvre (robert.lefebvre@sympatico.ca)
Tue, 22 Jul 1997 14:25:28 -0400

Michael C. Wright wrote:

> Robert,
>
> I found the posting included below in the Bill Woodland's CU-SeeMe FAQ
> page. I have a brand new ThinkPad 765D with Win 95 preinstalled. The
> video shows up just fine in the preview window but CU-SeeMe says
> "unsupported video capture setting" no matter what I do. I am unable to
> find the V7320 drivers, perhaps your posting is now out of date. The video
> driver on my new machine was supplied by Trident (msvideo=tricapt.drv).
> Any advice?

Hi Michael !

I Have a 765XD now and have never seen this message ... It seems more
"settings" related, i would suspect the video modes of the capture
device (size or color, or mono with a color cam) . As a matter of fact
the info in the posting about v7320 was for the TP755CD ... the video
chipset has changed on the 760 series.

I have included part of my system.ini file here so you can compare but
look at the settings of the capture device it is usualy set by CU in the
preferences/video conf tab or by another program like quickpict that
comes with the quickcam. If you are using a camcorder in the video IN
port of the thinkpad rely on the CU settings and if it doesnt do
anything try tweeking with the capture card settings with another
software like Quickpict from connectix or DVP (Digital Video Producer)
that came pre-installed on the thinkpad (im not sure for the 765D but it
should be since you have the capture port).

Keep me posted on your problem and give me more details on the problem
and i will try my best "as a fellow ThinkPad'er . :~)

---- Part of my SYSTEM.INI (very small dont be efraid everyone ------

[drivers]
wavemapper=*.drv
MWNOTIFY=C:\MWW\MANAGER\MWNOTWIN.DRV
MWCONTND=C:\MWW\MANAGER\MWCONTND.DRV
BLCKLSTW=C:\MWW\DLL\BLCKLSTW.DLL
MWGAMES=C:\MWW\MWGAMES\mwgw95.dll
wave=mmsystem.dll
midi=mmsystem.dll
MSACM.imaadpcm=*.acm
MSACM.msadpcm=*.acm
VIDC.TY2N=tricodc.drv
VIDC.TY2C=tricodc.drv
VIDC.TY0N=tricodc.drv
ReelDrv=IBMMPGED.DLL
vidc.vdec=videc.dll
msvideo=tricapt.drv
msvideo1=qccolor.drv

[iccvid.drv]

[mciseq.drv]

[mci]
cdaudio=mcicda.drv
sequencer=mciseq.drv
waveaudio=mciwave.drv
avivideo=mciavi.drv
MpegVideo=ibmmpged.dll
videodisc=mcipionr.drv
vcr=mcivisca.drv
MwaveTPL=C:\MWW\FAXTAM\MCIPHONE.DRV
MwaveTPS=C:\MWW\FAXTAM\MCIMSG.DRV
MWAVEDISCRIMINATOR=C:\MWW\FAXTAM\MCIPHONE.DRV Mwavediscriminator
MwaveFAX=C:\MWW\FAXTAM\MCIFAX.DRV
overlay=mciovl.drv
VideoCD=ibmcdied.dll
ReelMagic=IBMMPGED.DLL