Re: JAVA-based version of CUSeeMe?

Nico Pot (Incoming@nico-pot.demon.nl)
Thu, 24 Jul 1997 19:10:14 +0200

To bad :-(
It works together with Netscape !
I use Internet explorer.

By the way, one of the biggest internet providers in the netherlands
(planet Internet), supported and owned by the one and only dutch telephone
com. for individuals also doesn't support cu-seeme.
They don't say it but they also using a firewall.
They are everywhere local, so much servers, but they say that it will
overload the servers.
And they refuse to open those ports to enable it.
But because they don't say it from that firewall people buy a cam and then
find out that it is useless.
I have several friends that did.
Is there someone who knows a way to bypass this.
Is there a reflector that can be accessed trough an www adress ?
So I can send on the ref normally, and my friends can watch with explorer
of netscape from behind that firewall ?

Sorry, my english isn't so good, hope you will understand what I ask.

At 10:09 24-07-97 -0400, you wrote:
>Perfect! I feel sort of ridiculous having asked to see it considering I
>work for the company that developed and runs Gamelan (EarthWeb)! Thanks
>for your help (she says sheepishly).
>
>Amy Oringel
>amy@earthweb.com
>

>At 05:56 PM 7/23/97 -0400, Ian Goh wrote:
>>On Wed, 23 Jul 1997, Francis Yeung wrote:
>>
>>> Try http://www.gamelan.com. There is a version of Java/CUSeeMe
>>> there.
>>>
>>> Francis
>>>

>>Thanks Francis! I believe you are referring to "JavaCU"
>>
>>Abstract:
>>
>>CU-SeeMe viewer, live video over the Web via a Java applet!
>>Views CU-SeeMe and nv videostreams from a CU-SeeMe reflector.
>>
>>Author: Thomas Wagner
>>Categories: Java:Network and Communications:General

Nico Pot.
The Netherlands.
e-mail to:
incoming@nico-pot.demon.nl or
nicopot@stad.dsl.nl or
scanman@stad.dsl.nl
Attachments bigger than 300 K to: attach@nico-pot.demon.nl
ICQ: UIN= 1893850 E-mail: ICQUSER@nico-pot.demon.nl

If you want to send me a important message that can't wait, then use my
netpager.
Your message will be displayed to me as soon as I log in.
The adress for the netpager is: http://wwp.mirabilis.com/1893850 use
Netscape or Internet explorer to visit it.