Re: CUdoodle

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Sat, 26 Jul 1997 12:36:20 -0500

At 12:17 PM 7/26/97 -0400, truckerx wrote:
>This is a plea for help in setting up and running CUdoodle with Wpine
>2.1 under W95. I have tried my best to get it set up using the
>directions in the Cuseeme.txt file but to no avail. I have the
>"CUdoodle.dll" file in my windows system directory. Exactly, which ini
>file does the set-up instructions refer to in addidng the line
>"MSVIDEO=3Dcudoodle.dll" . I belive it's the windows system ini but don't
>know how to access it. Well, as you can see, I am a newbie in a
>quandry. If anyone can help me with this problem, please e-mail me
>directly. Thanks
>BPM

It's all there in the cudoodle.txt file:

>In the '[drivers]' section of SYSTEM.INI, the 'MSVIDEO' entries identify
the video capture
>drivers. The first driver listed is the one that CU-SeeMe uses, so you
need to add the
>following:
>
>MSVIDEO=3Dcudoodle.dll
>
>If you have other capture devices, you can identify their drivers as
'MSVIDEO1=3D',
>'MSVIDEO2=3D', etc...
>
>For example if you have a QuickCam and a ProMovie Studio, and you want to=
use
>CU-Doodle with CU-SeeMe, the MSVIDEO entries should look like this:
>
>MSVIDEO=3Dcudoodle.dll
>MSVIDEO1=3Dquickcam.drv
>MSVIDEO2=3Dpromovie.drv

You might have to restart win95 after this...I'm not certain. You might
also need to go to control panel/multimedia/advanced/video capture
devices/cudoodle/USE this capture driver.

Once you've done this, startup the WP CU and go to edit//prefs/video.
There is a place t oselect the capture driver, and you should see CUDOODLE
as one of the selections. Select the cudoodle driver and you should see
the dashed outline of two rectangles on the screen. One of these is the
capture area, the other is the overlay area. Whatever you place inside the
capture area will get sent out as your video in CU. You can use the SNAPPY
preview program to get video from another device and place it on the screen
where you see the capture area, and CU will send out the video fro mthat
device.

With the SOURCE and FORMAT buttons you can move the capture and overlay
areas to different locations on the screen, and select a few other options.
I'm sure this sounds a bit complicated, but it's not. Try it. Play
around with it a little, and you'll see how it works.