Re: Crash Question?

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Sat, 26 Jul 1997 21:40:01 -0500

At 10:53 AM 7/26/97 +0800, Skip wrote:
>SES wrote:
>
>> I hope I'm posting this correctly. I am having a hard time and would
>> like to ask a question.
>> I have CU v..92 on my machine. I just bought a B&W Quickcam. I have an
>>
>> X2 connection and/or 33.6 (have tried both). EVERYtime I connect to a
>> reflector site I lose my connection. I get everyones video up for
>> about
>> 30-60 seconds and then my connection to my ISP is broken. Then Dunce
>> starts to redial. Sometime the re-dial hangs. So I do ctrl/alt/del to
>> close it and re-open it. The Kernel32.dll (i hate that guy) crashes my
>>
>> machine.
>>
>> Any feedback would be really apprceiated. This is infinetely
>> frustrating.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Steve
>
>Hi Steve. Perhaps someone who can really help like Squeek or Mark will
>jump in but until they do ....
>
>Have you checked the obvious - possible winsock conflict? Also, what are
>your send and receive settings? If they are too high, you will get
>kicked. Are you able to send as well as receive video? What about audio?
>
>Regards,
>
>Skip

I had similar problems with my Motorola Lifestyle 28.8 modem for a while,
until I got the firmware upgraded. In my case, the modem would lose its
connection any time I received data constantly at a high speed. This meant
that even FTPing files would cause it to hang up. If you also have
problems with downloading, you might check your modem. Other than this,
Skip was right to suggest you check your rates, and beyond that, talk to
your ISP about it.