Re: QuickCam VC help: appear as a lurker

Wayne Fisher (waynenf@mindspring.com)
Wed, 01 Jul 1998 08:16:44 -0400

Geoffrey Rehn wrote:

> Hi there all ...
>
> Firstly, where are the CU-SeeMe list archives?
> http://www.indstate.edu/CU-SeeMe/devl_archives/
> only goes up to Januray 95.
>
> I recall some questions recently about getting the QuickCam VC working
> under Windows but I can't find the archives.
> I have Cornell Cu-SeeMe 0.92b2 and a QuickCam VC - not what I wanted but
> I'm in a big hurry.

Geoff:

You're problem is probably caused by the fact that the QuickCam VC does NOT
support sending of b/w video, and Cornell CU-SeeMe 0.92b2 ONLY supports b/w
video. That is why you are not transmitting video.

You may want to try out the latest White Pine CUSeeMe (currently version
3.1.1.16), which is available at http://www.wpine.com. If you would rather
use freeware (even if it doesn't come with tech support), try out the latest
Cornell Color 1.0, which Bill Woodland has graciously posted at
http://topdeals.com/cu.

Each program has it's strong points, but I'm not gonna comment since I get
bashed every time I DO comment.

Hope this helps you out....

- Wayne