Re: Win98 and Cornell v1.0

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Mon, 06 Jul 1998 00:10:08 -0500

At 09:01 PM 7/5/98 -0400, Houdini wrote:
>I did a fresh install of Win98 recently and am having trouble with Cornell
>v1.0 that I didn't have with Win95.
>All software was re-loaded fresh, no backup was used.
>The first problem was with the Connectix upgrade to 2.1, CU just didn't work
>at all. I uninstalled the upgrade and re-installed the original version
>from Connectix (btw....B/W Quickcam). That seemed to fix the CU problem, at
>least locally.....I can now see my own vid and all the menu's work
>correctly. However, when I connect to a ref, usually an Eref, I cannot get
>any (sometimes I can 2 or 3 by choosing Show All) vids to come up. I double
>click on the nick but nothing happens, no vid window. I have checked all my
>settings, compared them to another machine I own using Win95, and all the
>settings are the same. I even did a DC between the 2 machines and the Win95
>machine can receive the Win98 vid fine but not visa versa.....like I said,
>not even the window appears.
>Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
>Houdini1

Sounds like a codec problem to me. Since this is a brand new install of
win98 and everything else, I bet you haven't reinstalled the mjpeg and/or
intel indeo codecs yet.

Click on their name in the list one time and look at the Image Type listed
in the info window. If it says tcds or tcdl then you should be able to
open their cideo window, and receive a picture. If it's sfmc, then you
won't be able to open it at all, since V1.0 doesn't support sfmc format.
If it's mjpeg or indeo, then you won't be able to open it unless you have
installed the mjpeg codec or the intel indeo codec, available from
www.pmatrix.com and developer.intel.com/ial/indeo/ respectively.

Bill Woodland (Squeek ) PC questions only, please.
OverLord Reflector Manager at http://topdeals.com/overlord
Cornell version 1.0 users guide at http://topdeals.com/cu
Cornell help pages at http://cu-seeme.cornell.edu/~WCW