Re: Cause of chat spew found.

Mon, 6 Jul 1998 21:24:20 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 6 Jul 1998, Joe Sherwood wrote:
> I read the statement as *non* Mac cornell clients...
> I have been on CU (on and off for 3-4 years) and NEVER experienced this with the
> Cornell client . Recently, I and this happen two times, both when I was using
> the WP3.1.xx. version.

Actually, in talking with Brian about it...It never seemed to happen
before on PC clients either because chat recovery didn't work until the
Cornell 1.0 and the WP 3.1 versions (on the PC anyway). If you didn't see
spewed chat, it might have been working correctly on the Mac Cornell
client. Or it might have never worked at all and you just missed chat on
busy reflectors. The problem doesn't seem to show up until a reflector
becomes "busy". So perhaps you just lucked out...It's a hard thing to do
much about because it's not predictable.

> I have no idea of the version of reflector software. I
> just commented to the participant that it was to ver 25 bug.

It seems now, that it effects all PC versions....I'm not sure.. it's still
a bit mysterious. :) Perhaps you seeing it in the 3.1 Mac version means
White Pine fixed chat recovery? Either that..or they broke it.