Re: Does anyoen have software for....

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Tue, 07 Jul 1998 01:12:41 -0500

At 07:52 PM 7/6/98 -0400, Jim wrote:
>I am running WinNT with the new quickcam VC. I managed to get the
>driver working, DL'd Cornell's brand-new 1.0 color software and I am
>very pleased to say everything works great for me in the world of
>vido conferencing.
>

>HERE is my problem... i used to have a regular color quickcam, and it
>was capable of taking snapshots... I cannot Find any software to take
>snapshots with this QCamVC through NT.
>
>CAn anyone help please???? I have been all over the web, leaft email
>and phone msgs with connectix, literally exauseted all possibilities.
>
>you guys are my last hope.
>
>Thank you so much for your time.
>

>MissMarieB

Well it's not the greatest program in the world, but it's free, and the zip
file is only 30k, exe file is only 60k:

ftp://204.64.168.200/cu_stuff/captest.zip

That program will essentially show you your own video in its window, but
the only capturing I've been able to get from it is AVI files. You could
use it to get your vid on the screen, and then use control-c to copy the
image to the clipboard, and then go into lview or paintshop pro and paste
it in there to save it.

Doesn't Connectix supply their QuickPic and QuickMovie programs with the
QuickCamVC?

Bill Woodland (Squeek ) PC questions only, please.
OverLord Reflector Manager at http://topdeals.com/overlord
Cornell version 1.0 users guide at http://topdeals.com/cu
Cornell help pages at http://cu-seeme.cornell.edu/~WCW