RE: White Pine 2.0.X reflectors with 3.X clients

Gary Dietz (gdietz@wpine.com)
Thu, 09 Jul 1998 09:03:34 -0400

At 06:23 AM 7/9/98 -0500, Jason Williams wrote:
>On Thu, 9 Jul 1998, oz wrote:
>> Naturally theproblem with undocumented keystrokes/features/whatever
>> in any product is that they are just that...undocumented so
>> I certainly wouldn't want to come to depend on them as they could
>> stop working in any new release.

Any legal license of WP Reflector 2.0 was entitled to a free upgrade to
2.1. Thus, the large majority of people hosting WP Ref 2.0 (no, not all)
are using "extended demos" (ahem).

Another "undocumented feature" in CU 3.1 is to type #motd in the chat
window. This shows the Message of the Day in your chat window.

There is also an easter egg on one of the Autoruns on the install CD and
one in CU itself. Don't ask me how to get to them, I forgot.

Gary

Gary Dietz, White Pine Software, Incorporated.
ClassPoint(tm) http://www.wpine.com/classpoint
CU-SeeMe(R) Videoconferencing http://www.wpine.com/cuseeme
MeetingPoint(tm) Conference Server http://www.wpine.com/meetingpoint
Global Schoolhouse CU-Schools http://www.gsn.org/join