Re: Winov Card & Connectex Cam.

Jamie Erbes (jamie@erbes.com)
Fri, 10 Jul 1998 10:52:11 -0700

I have a Winnov Traveller, and a Kodak USB cam on my laptop. I use SoftCam to switch between them in real-time. The Winnov coexists with the Kodak, but it does conflict with a third camera on the system (yes, 3 cams on a laptop). The third camera is a Built-in video capture device (I have a Toshiba 750 DVD) and if I have the camera plugged into the card, the Winnov won't work. But if I unplug the Toshiba camera and reboot (sometimes I have to reboot twice), Winnov will work.

The Winnov should work with the QuickCam, as long as you're not trying to run them at the same time. Yes, CUSeeMe does allow you to choose your video input device (before you start your conference). If you need to switch between the 2 cameras easily without restarting your conference, try SoftCam, a video switcher, at www.luminositi.com.