Re: Video Capture Devices and SoftCam

Sat, 11 Jul 1998 16:25:48 -0500 (CDT)

On Sat, 11 Jul 1998, Tom Prugh wrote:
> I have both a STB TV PCI Tuner and a CuSeeMe driver that show up in
> Start | Settings | Control Panel | Multimedia | Advanced | Video Capture Devices
> (Advanced is shown as Devices in Windows 98). One or other has to be
> activated and then I have to reboot.

I'm not sure what a "CuSeeMe driver" is..CU doesn't come with its own
capture device driver as far as I know.

I have an STB TV PCI, B&W Quickcam, Softcam, and CU-Doodle all listed as
capture devices. I have them all enabled and CU allows me to choose which
device to use.

> Does SoftCam provide a way to change the active driver without rebooting?

You shouldn't have to reboot to toggle it on and off from the Control
panel. If you enable all of the devices, then choose the Softcam capture
device in the program, it will let you toggle between the available ones
within Softcam.