Re: Ok, I give in... gotta do something for the WP users with multiple interfaces.

Wed, 15 Jul 1998 00:58:05 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 14 Jul 1998, Brian Godette wrote:
> I wonder how much this would bother WP if I added it to ERef... it's the
> bare minimum that's required for the TCP sequence in WP clients use to
> communicate the conference selection box plus fix the IP address for WP
> clients on multi-homed systems.

I say go for it...but then, I'm not White Pine. :)
Would the code you included also send out the public conferences? How hard
would it be for you to do that and include the conf-private commands? :)
Unless you haven't bothered to get that far on it.

> This also brings up another "bug" in the current Cornell 1.0 version... for
> WP refs with no public conferences (which is what this code simulates),
> Cornell 1.0 displays an empty conference selection box, WP clients simply
> go on to the next state (close session).

Perhaps I'm a bit confused...but why would the client try to close the
connection with a reflector with no public conferences? Would this
possibly be the cause of the WP 2.1 reflector bug that automatically
crashed everytime a WP client connected to it if it had no
public conferences?

Can you give it a shot on an MPCS server with no conferences and see what
happens? MPCS no longer crashes when setup for no public conferences and
a WP client connects. I believe the WP client tries to connect to ID 0.
I'm not sure though. On older WP refs (2.0..and possibly 2.1), if you try
connecting to an invalid ID, it connects to ID 0. MPCS and Enhanced
Reflector don't act that way.

If you need an MPCS server with no public conferences..I can arrange that.
:)