Re: Ok, I give in... gotta do something for the WP users with multiple interfaces.

Wed, 15 Jul 1998 20:39:41 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 15 Jul 1998, Brian Godette wrote:
> Having it display the list of public conferences is only a matter of
> creating a null terminated string of all the public conference id/name
> pairs on config load

Maybe you can put this on your to-do list :)
I'd love to see the Enhanced Reflector support the conference selection
menu...It'd definitely make it a lot easier for others to see multiple
public conferences on a reflector that has more than one conference
intended for public use.

This also made me think of another question...Seeing as how the White Pine
client is sync'ing the IP address with the TCP connection, does the
Cornell client with quick-connect turned off fix the problem as well?

> close session state is in reference to the TCP connection, which only lasts
> until you pick a conference. For refs with no public conference list,
> Cornell 1.0 will display an empty conference selection box if quick-connect
> isn't turned on.

Ahh..that makes sense. I assume the TCP connection on the Cornell client
is broken whenever the conference list goes away and a UDP connection is
established? I'm hoping it doesn't keep the TCP connection up
indefinitely.