Re: Problems...

Bernard Matthews (algernon@mindspring.com)
Fri, 17 Jul 1998 21:41:00 -0400

At 01:31 PM 7/17/98 -0400, Michael G. K. Canopin wrote:
>Dear Sirs,

(or Madam's?)

>I've been having numerous problems with my video and audio since I've
>upgraded to Windows '98.
>
>1) While in Cu-seeme, I am able to connect, but the minute I get on, my
>video becomes frozen. I checked the hardware settings and configuration,
>but these things seem to help for not more than 10 seconds; then it fails
>again. I changed cameras to see if this was the problem, but no.

Is it possible something is causing your client to send audio on startup?
Sending audio often (and often intentionally) causes video to freeze.

>2) I get a message saying that my Bt848 is not working, then I re-boot,
>and it works. Happens all the time. Is it my video card that needs changing?

What hardware do you have that shipped with your Bt848 drivers? Some
video kits (Bigpicture specifically, as that is what I have) shipped
with beta drivers that can cause Win95 (don't know about 98) to lock
up. Newer drivers are available.

>3) My audio doesn't show at all (not working) even though I have a good
>mic and speakers.

I suspect this ties into #1 somehow, but as I've never used audio on
CUSeeMe, I'm no expert.

----- bernard