Re: Help me ! About bind program with alias ip.

Sat, 18 Jul 1998 00:17:30 -0500 (CDT)

On Sat, 18 Jul 1998, Taweesak Chairatanayut wrote:
> Now i'm using reflector version 4.00B3.

That's the first problem...the Cornell 4.0B3 reflector doesn't support
binding to different ports. Grab the Enhanced Reflector from
http://www.dimensional.com/~bgodette and use the HOST line to define which
IP to bind to. (I believe it's HOST).

> If my machine has ip 222.222.222.222, but i don't want to use this ip
> for reflector, use 222.222.222.223 instead, ip .223 is alias name
> ip which can set at the same machine. (Alias ip can set for many at the
> same machine.)

I've never heard of "alias IP"..but it sounds like you have a machine with
multiple interfaces. Using Brian Godette's Enhanced Reflector will solve
the problem since you can specify which IP to bind to.