Re: Kodak DVC 323

Jerry Saperstein (jerry@portablepower.com)
Thu, 23 Jul 1998 17:12:02 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_003B_01BDB65D.026AA840

I use a Kodak DVC323 USB device on one of my machines with CU-SeeMe =
v 3.1.1 and have had no problems whatsoever. I always use the MJPG =
Codec, for whatever that's worth. Hope these factoids help.

Jerry
-----Original Message-----
From: ids computer <ids@inbox.net.au>
To: CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu <CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu>
Date: Thursday, July 23, 1998 6:03 AM
Subject: Kodak DVC 323
=20
I have a Kodak DVC323 which is connected via USB. I am trying to use =
V1.0 of cornell cu-seeme software but I receive a message "unsupported =
video capture setting".
=20
I appear to be able to use microsoft netmeeting Ok but am =
experiencing some grief
with cu-seeme.
=20
My capture device is "microsoft wdm Image Capture" but none of the =
codec
settings seem to work. I receive an Image from my camera but when I =
try to
connect to a reflector I still considered a lurker.
=20
Can someone advice if I should forget about using my vidCam with =
cornell
cu-seeme or if there is a codec that I should be using that I need =
to supply.
=20
Please address rsponse to ids@inbox.net.au
=20
Can response be made fairly simple and not too technical as I am =
just a=20
poor mainframe hack. If there is a codec available can you also =
advise
as to how I may install it.
=20
Please rescue me from lurkerland.
=20
Regards
=20
Ian Salveson
=20
=20
=20

------=_NextPart_000_003B_01BDB65D.026AA840

    I use a=20 Kodak DVC323 USB device on one of my machines with CU-SeeMe v 3.1.1 and = have had=20 no problems whatsoever. I always use the MJPG Codec, for whatever that's = worth.=20 Hope these factoids help.

Jerry
-----Original = Message-----