Re: Mac version start-up error.....

Chris Silverberg (spidercrs@megsinet.net)
Thu, 23 Jul 1998 22:05:34 -0400

At 8:28 PM -0400 on 7/23/98, Rebecca Ann Merrill wrote:

> I just downloaded CU-SeeMe 0.87b3 for my PowerPC Mac (okay, it really is a
> Motorola Starmax Mac clone). Anyway, when I double-click on the
> application to start it, I get the following message:
>
> Can't Open MacTCP
> err=-3205

Hi Rebecca,

Most likely there is something else on your system that is blocking the
port that CU-SeeMe needs to run. If you have ever installed White Pine
CU-SeeMe, you may an extension called "CU-SeeMe Listener" in your
Extensions folder. Simply remove this file, and restart your computer.
That should fix the problem.

If you still have White Pine CU-SeeMe, you can disable the Listener through
the application.

Chris