Re: Imposter

Jeeves (jeeves@jump.net)
Sun, 26 Jul 1998 17:01:32 -0600

Date: Wed, 5 Feb 1997 23:49:54 -0800
From: Michael Eskin <eskin@cts.com>
Subject: New release of Imposter 1.3 (full version)

Hi there!

I have decided to release Imposter 1.3 as a shareware application to the
general public. Since you are either a registered owner or have contacted
me about purchasing the program, I am sending you the latest version. This
is the full version, with none of the restrictions of the demo version.

Imposter Software announces the release of Imposter 1.3 for Macintosh CU-SeeMe
----------------------------------

Imposter 1.3 is the first virtual personality environment for Macintosh
CU-SeeMe.

Imposter 1.3 consists of a software-only Quicktime VDIG digitizing
component and a slide sorter application that allows you to import and
sequence pictures to be transmitted by CU-SeeMe just as if they were coming
>from a video camera. The software can quickly import pictures directly
>from the Macintosh Scrapbook or copy and paste any picture from other
Macintosh applications.

Up to 256 pictures can be included in a picture set. Simply click on a
picture in the slide sorter and the selected picture gets transmitted by
CU-SeeMe. Picture sets can be saved and loaded from disk.

The most powerful feature of Imposter 1.3 is the image sequencer, where
groups of pictures can be selected and played back at a programmable rate
creating a true illusion of reality. Imposter 1.3 supports foward,
reverse, and random play of sequences of up to 256 pictures.

Tired of being denied access to reflectors because you don't have a camera?
Imposter 1.3 turns any Macintosh into a transmitter!

Imposter will run on any Macintosh or Power Macintosh computer running
System 7.5 or later. 16 MB of RAM is recommended. No video digitizing
hardware is required. Both the Cornell and White Pine versions of CU-SeeMe
are supported. Imposter supports both color and grayscale image import and
export.

Imposter 1.3 is shareware ($20 requested). Educational and site licensing
discounts are available.

The full version of Imposter 1.3 is currently available for download >from
AOL and other online services. A copy may also be downloaded as a Binhexed
Stuffit archive from:

ftp://ftp.cts.com/users/sd/e/eskin/Imposter13.sit.hqx

Shameless Request for Cash

Imposter 1.3 is shareware. If you find the program useful to you, please
register your copy of Imposter 1.3 by sending $20.00 to

Michael Eskin
Imposter Software
13465 Camino Canada, 106-166
El Cajon, CA 92021

If not $20.00, please send $10.00, or $5.00, whatever the program is worth
to you!

All registered owners will be sent all upgrades and future versions of
Imposter for free.

For more information on Imposter, please send an email request to:

eskin@cts.com

Best regards,

Michael Eskin
Imposter Software