Re: Need Help using CU-SeeMe

Tue, 28 Jul 1998 04:52:12 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 27 Jul 1998, J Michael wrote:
> The error message that I am receiving is (unsupported video capture
> setting) when I first sign on to cu-seeme. The video capture card I am
> using is a STB Velocity 128 3D.

I didn't know that the STB Velocity was a capture card. Judging from
http://www.stb.com/tech/faqs/v128faq.html it appears that it's NOT a
capture device at all but just a video card. I'm not sure if your friend
also has the STV TV/PCI card as well. If so, use View -> Preferences ->
Video -> Video Format and set it to RGB15. I've also been able to get
Softcam (http://www.softcam.com) to work just fine with the STB TV/PCI
card.

> Can you ask your guru buddy is he has an answer to getting my card to
> see the videos. Thanks Mike. Troy

You don't need a capture device to see other people's vid..only for others
to see your vid. Try RGB15/16 and see what happens.