Re: RE :Cu-SeeMe and the LAN

Brian Godette (bgodette@idcomm.com)
Tue, 28 Jul 1998 12:30:45 -0600

At 12:30 PM 7/28/98 -0400, you wrote:
>On Mon, 27 Jul 1998, Robert wrote:
>>He just happened to be online to ICQ whenever I got to this. :)
>>Here's what he said:
>>"Gee, I usually sell that information at $1000/pop...<g> But seriously, it
>>really depends on the Proxy configuration. If you don't have access
>>control enabled, then it's just a simple matter of modifying the
>>mspclnt.ini file (Entries to follow). If you have access control enabled,
>>then you need to setup a "cu-seeme" protocol definition on the server AND
>>modify the mspclnt.ini file.
>
>>[CUSEEM32]
>>RemoteBindTcpPorts=7648-7649
>>RemoteBindUdpPorts=0,7648-7649
>>NameResolutionForLocalHost=E
>>KillOldSession=1
>>"
>
>>Perhaps that will mean much more to you than it does to me. It only works
>>with Enhanced CU.
>

>Now this is what I want ! Unfortunately just changing the port map settings
>in the client ini probably will not get Cu-SeeMe to work on the Msproxy
>server past the point that the client can connect to the server, see the
>conference list and chose a conference. Unfortunately I doubt you could get
>even the MOTD to come up let alone receive vidio,but I'm willing to try more
>extensive test and see what happens. It would be nice to get it to work. Did
>your friend actually get cu to connect to a reflector and send video?

Ok, this is how this works, and only with WP ECU... Doing the above allows
the TCP connection to go thru msproxy but is masqueraded as the world
visable IP address of the proxy server, the client then gets its own
address from getsockname() off the connected socket (which is at that point
the world visable IP address of the proxy server). This means that only
*one* system inside the proxy can connect to an external source
(reflector/client).