Re: *.CSM file connecting

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Tue, 28 Jul 1998 21:45:12 -0500

At 12:28 PM 7/28/98 -0500, Jeff Conrad wrote:
>I can't get the CUSeeMe 1.0 version to work on the 166 Mhz, but the 0.92beta
>works okay there. The 1.0 version works fine on the 333. Both versions of
>Windows
>have been configured to recognize *.csm files as a type "application/x-csm".
>Both can
>launch to an IP in a *.csm file as described under Bill Woodland's 1.0 help
>pages.

The Cornell .92b2 version doesn't support csm files via the command line
(or file association). You should still be able to use a host name in the
IP address field of the phonebook, tho. I used to have video.lbj.com in my
.92b2 phonebook, and it worked just fine.

Look for HOSTS files in the windows or windows\system directory on both
machines. You may find that one has an entry for that name and IP, and the
other one doesn't. Also, if the two machines are using different DNSs, and
one DNS has the name/IP, and the other one doesn't, then that could be your
problem. I ran across that at my office recently.

Bill Woodland (Squeek ) PC questions only, please.
OverLord Reflector Manager at http://topdeals.com/overlord
Cornell version 1.0 users guide at http://topdeals.com/cu
Cornell help pages at http://cu-seeme.cornell.edu/~WCW