Re: SFMC codec ???

Wed, 29 Jul 1998 15:36:01 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 29 Jul 1998, Scott Lacroix wrote:
> I don't think the Cornell client will SEND SFMC. Only recieve it. At any
> rate, they would have to have gotten it from either the release or demo
> WhitePine 2.X client. As Bill says... HOPEFULLY the registered version.

I'm not sure if you're talking about the Cornell alpha Mac version or the
Cornell 1.0 PC version. I'm not sure about the Mac alpha, but the PC 1.0
version can't send or receive SFMC. Seeing as how only the 2.X clients
can send it, there shouldn't be many people using it.

> It works just fine. At least it did the other day when I was on the
> server... I saw someone sending SFMC and I was recieving Ok with my
> WhitePine 3.1.X client.

How'd you manage that? I've never been able to receive SFMC with ANY 3.X
client and neither have the 10-15 other people that I've talked to on PCs
and Macs. I've installed the 2.1.2 client, then 3.1.1. I've installed
3.1.1 then 2.1.2. The results were always the same: a blank screen for
SFMC users.