Re: SFMC codec ???

Bill Ryan (billryan@gsinet.net)
Wed, 29 Jul 1998 18:23:40 -0400

I haven't gotten my copy of the Cornell Mac 1.0 alpha client yet :) , but I
believe they migrated to using the QuickTime standard method of supporting
components such as codecs (as opposed to in-lining them).

White Pine does this in their Mac client.

It allows the user to select ANY codec installed on their system and use it
for encoding.

Ahhhh...the wonders of the Mac component architecture.

Bill

>At 10:36 PM 7/28/98 -0400, Bill Ryan wrote:
>>The SFMC codec is the original color codec offered by White Pine with their
>>2.0 release. It was licensed from Crystal Net.
>>
>>If Cornell 1.0 users are using, I would hope they obtained it when they
>>purchased the 2.0 release. Most likely they obtained it from the 2.0 demo
>>release.
>
> I don't think the Cornell client will SEND SFMC. Only recieve it.
>At any
>rate, they would have to have gotten it from either the release or demo
>WhitePine 2.X client. As Bill says... HOPEFULLY the registered version.
>
>>The SFMC codec was discontinued in the WPSI 3.0 release (although it should
>>still work??).
>
> It works just fine. At least it did the other day when I was on the
>server... I saw someone sending SFMC and I was recieving Ok with my
>WhitePine 3.1.X client.
>
>- Scott
>--

>| I haven't lost my mind, it's backed | Scott LaCroix (slacroix@wpine.com) |
>| up on tape around here somewhere... | Sr. Software Engineer ___ |
>| - Author Unknown | White Pine Software ./_ -\. |
>| #include<disclaimer/std.h> | http://www.wpine.com q| o O |p |

Bill Ryan
(603)529-5070
billryan@gsinet.net