Re[2]: Mac Modem on a PC?

bj.culpepper@pscmail.ps.net
2 Jul 95 21:22:00 -0500

With the modem fully connected and with a generic terminal
program try this. Some mac modems use special pin
configurations that standard PC modem cables do not
support. To see if you modem can 'talk' try ATH1 <enter>.
The modem should go off hook. ATH0 <enter> hangs the phone
back up. Then try ATA. THe modem should go off hook and
try to answer. If you can do these things it is a positive
sign. Try using ATX1 <enter> which will disable dial tone
detect and then try ATDT1234 <enter> (any number) to see
if it will dial. If this works try your program again.

Note: Most specialized mac modems even come with special
cables for the mac (meaning it is not a standard cable for
the mac). If nothing works, you must contact the vendor
directly which will be the easiest/quickest way. Wish you
well.

BJ

BJ Culpepper
bj.culpepper@ps.net