Re: Indy and reflectors

david a. schlussel (dschluss@engin.umich.edu)
Fri, 7 Jul 1995 11:34:12 -0400 (EDT)

The problem sounds familiar. I've found that using nv from
the reflector machine to look at its own reflector kills
all the other sessions in one way or another.
Looking at another reflector from the reflector machine
with nv does weird things to your reflector.

you CAN look at the reflector on your monitor if you have
another trusted unix machine, you can:

1) (on reflector machine) xhost +other.machine
2) (from telnet session to other.machine) setenv DISPLAY reflector.machine
3) (from telnet session to other.machine) nv xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx &
(4444 is the default, it only needs the port if it is different)

+ David Schlussel +
+ dschluss@umich.edu +
+ MCIT-Special Projects +
+ http://www.umich.edu/~dschluss/ +