traffic volume

Rich Kennerly (rbk1@cornell.edu)
Fri, 07 Jul 1995 15:05:17 -0400

CU-SeeMe clients only send one stream of data to the reflector. The
reflector duplicates your video stream for all the participants.

-Rich Kennerly - <rbk1@cornell.edu> PC Windows CU-SeeMe developer

------- Forwarded Message

Date: Fri, 7 Jul 1995 13:34:15 -0400
From: johnlaue@umich.edu (John D. Lauer)
To: <CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu>
Subject: Re: ISDN

If you are sending out an 80 kbps video/audio stream to 10 lurkers, you need
80 x 10 = 800 kbps of bandwidth. Remember, a reflector to a cu-seeme client
is unicast, meaning it must send the data to each person in a separate
packet. You might want to look into multicast alternatives where you send
the stream once to all clients.

------- End of Forwarded Message