Re: CU-SeeMe

Matthew Sanderson (matthews@noc.tor.hookup.net)
Sun, 9 Jul 1995 13:01:41 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 9 Jul 1995, Roger Conrad wrote:

> janvdam@pop3.worldaccess.nl wrote:
> >Hi, CU- See Me Discussion List readers.
> >
> >Can somebody help me with the following problem with CU-SeeMe.
> >
> >It is not possible for me to send video with the program.
> >
> >I think I've got all it takes to do it,but somehow I don't see any
> >videomonitor in the program after I have started up the program.The program
> >doesn't communicate with my video digitize card ?!
> >
> >I have the following computer configuration :
> >- Apple Macintosh Performa 630 (20 Mb/250 Mb)
<snip>

> Jan,
> I have the same configuration and the same problem. I am not clear why
> CuSeeMe doesn't work with the Apple Video System (AVS), but it doesn't.
> The problem is with CuSeeMe. AVS does work with VideoShop and also with a
> PhotoShop plug-in that I have, so it appraears that AVS is a pretty
> standard implementation of VDIG.
<snip>

Roger;
Here's how I (a complete Mac illiterate) found your answer:

Point browser at:
(an absolutely magnificent info repository)

Under Developers Listserver Archives, click on:

Monthly Archive for June 1995
(the most recent complete month)

Click on messages sorted by Subject

Space bar (or page down) 6 times to see:

> Re: Apple tv/video system
>
> Jef (jyh4@cornell.edu)
> Mon, 12 Jun 1995 15:34:13 -0400

> 630"

> >To:pep@TIAC.NET
> >From:jyh4@cornell.edu (Jef)
> >Subject:Re: Apple tv/video system
>
> >>Hi - I have the apple tv/video system installed on my mac and can
> show
> >>video from my camcorder on screen. Is it possible to transmit via
> cu-seeme
> >>with this configuration. I cant find the appropriate vdig driver
> to make it
> >>work. Point me to a FAQ if thats where the answer is. TIA - Peter
>
> >Peter,
> > Unfortunately, current versions of CU-SeeMe (.80b2)
> > do not support the add-in video option of the 63x class
> machines...
> > They use a totally different (cheaper) video digitizing subsystem
> than
> > the AV macs, and require that we write an appropriate component to
> support it.
> > This feature is being considered for a future release...

> Jeff Han, | Software/Hardware Engineer
> 150 Surge III Hall | Current Project: CU-SeeMe
> Cornell University |
> Ithaca, NY 14853 | email: jyh4@cornell.edu
> (607) 255-2627 | SunLab: jhan@sunlab.cit.cornell.edu

> __"Perfection is not an

> 630"

There you go! The developers have already answered this question!

/ Matthew Sanderson CS: 70733,2700 'net: matthews@hookup.net \
\ http://www.hookup.net/~matthews /