Re: Live satellite feeds

Dr. Joe Baptista (baptista@planet.earth.org)
Mon, 10 Jul 1995 07:20:51 +0000

On Sun, 9 Jul 1995, Martin Stoufer wrote:

> I see obvious problems with checksums and sending good packets. But
> what if you could get CU to connect to an external receiver instead of an IP
> address? This would of course be some driver running in the local machine
> which would route (drop bit and color depth if needed) the info to CU. Send
> would be useless unless you had a microwave transmitter in the backyard to
> send info back up. (that would be cool....) Let's kick this one around and
> see what happens.

Well, what you do is connect the sat video feed to your video in and
and guess where the audio goes ;-) same format. But I don't see the
practical application unless you sent the who shebang off to a reflector
for others to enjoy. If you have a sat dish just watch it on your tv -
the image quality for sure is better.

Regards
Joe Baptista

,,, "ask not what you can do for your country,
(o o) ask what your country has done for you."
Dr. Joe Baptista Planet Communications & Computing Facility
baptista@planet.earth.org http://www.earth.org/~baptista/