Re: ISDN

John D. Lauer (johnlaue@umich.edu)
Mon, 10 Jul 1995 11:57:28 -0400

Take a look at the MBone web pages if you can. They describe what the MBone
(Multicast Backbone) is and then you should understand more about multicast.
http://www.yahoo.com/Computers/Multimedia/MBONE/

I don't know exactly what you want to do but multicast sends one stream of
data to all recipients instead of one stream to each participant like the
reflector does. But multicast has to be supported in the IP stack and the
program you're using needs to support multicast. So far only unix machines
and Windows NT support it. There are a couple of stacks for win 3.1 like
OnNet that support multicast. But then you need to use a program like VAT,
not cuseeme.