Re: CU-SeeMe recording

Nick Hine (nhine@mic.dundee.ac.uk)
Fri, 14 Jul 1995 10:06:04 +0100

Hi,

What we did with an AV PPC 7100/66 was to use the built in monitor
port for the monitor, and then took the video out from the AV card to a TV
and a video recorder. Alternatively we use the video out kit for the LC
630, which plugs into the monitor port of any (I think) Mac. This then
allows the monitor to be connected to the back of the little box that comes
in the kit, and a video recorder to be plugged into the video port of the
little box. Incidently, it also allows the Mac screen to be connected to an
LCD OHP screen for allowing lots of people to watch the monitor.

I know this is a kludge cos it would be better to be able to record
individual windows, but then you can get into questions of persoanl liberty
&c. &c., so maybe this is a good compromise.

Cheers

Nick Hine

>Interested in this as well. Can the reply please be posted to the mailing
>list.
>
>cheers
>ayse
>
>On Thu, 13 Jul 1995, Jason W Botts - Operations wrote:
>
>> I'm interested in a way to record a CU-SeeMe session either on a Mac or UNIX
>> box. Ideas from anyone?
>>
>> --
>> Jason W. Botts (JWB3) <bottsjw@interpath.net>
>> Operations Supervisor
>> Interpath - An Internet Access Company
>> For information regarding Interpath please send mail to info@interpath.net

Nick Hine
Applied Computer Studies Division Tel: +44 (0)1382 344711
MicroCentre, University of Dundee, Fax: +44 (0)1382 345509
Park Wynd, Dundee, e-mail: nhine@mic.dundee.ac.uk
Scotland Talk: nhine@McFries.mic.dundee.ac.uk
DD1 4HN CUSeeMe: 134.36.34.104

To find out more about the microcentre contact our WWW server on
http://alpha.mic.dundee.ac.uk/microcentre.html