Re: HERE HERE for the newsgroup!

Ian C. Simmins (ian@carlyle.zynet.co.uk)
Sat, 15 Jul 1995 17:07:33 +0000

>Date: Sat, 15 Jul 1995 00:35:48 GMT
>From: dbarlow@spectra.net
>To: CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
>Subject: HERE HERE for the newsgroup!
>
>I agree whats the big deal of haveing a newsgroup started anyhow?
>reciveing 30 messages a day is getting tiresome, and yet i hate to quit
>because there IS good info on here <S>
>
>message 29 0f 30 HE HEEE
>
>kerry

What is wrong with subscribing to the digest version of the email list?
That way you only get one long mail a day:

Users may choose from among certain options regarding how listserv

will interact with them. To change these options, you must send a

command in electronic mail to LISTSERV@cornell.edu (once again, NOT to

CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu), saying:

SET CU-SEEME-L MAIL option

where 'option' can be one of:

NOACK -- Do not send me my own postings back

ACK -- Send me my own postings back

DIGEST -- Send me a periodic digest of postings

or POSTPONE -- Do not send me *anything* until I change back to

one of the other three.

For example: SET CU-SEEME-L MAIL DIGEST would cause you to start

getting digests. Note that the word "MAIL" is required.

Ian