CU-SeeMe COnsirtium (was Re: plugin help)

Sarah L. Green (greens@cici.com)
Sat, 15 Jul 1995 22:09:17 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 13 Jul 1995, Nick Hine wrote:

> What is the CU-SeeMe Consortium

Nick -
Hopefully someone with the consortium will give you a definitive
response. My understanding is that it is a group of people who have
banded together to further develop/enhance CU-SeeMe technology (not
necessarily the product). Each member pays a fee to join. I'm not sure
what you get if you joined. It appeared to be the way companies legally
obtained CU-SeeMe technology & products (including source code). Now
with White Pine as the master licensee, I'm not sure what's up. The
message that came with the announcement on the 4.X reflector is different
(re: source code) than what we (at my day job) got from a consortium
spokesman and is different from what I've seen on the list from a White
Pine spokesman.

So (and yes, I'm repeating myself) I'm not sure what you get when
you join the consortium and pay the fee.

Sarah
Sarah L. Green Hey, I never claimed to be >>osprey<<
Madison, AL (USA) a genius nor a typist greens@sga.com