Audio-only for Mac's

Judah Eckenberg (jeckenbe@gladstone.uoregon.edu)
Fri, 21 Jul 1995 23:19:09 -0700

Derrick Pohl wrote:
>for any pc users interested, theres this thing
>called the iphone(internet phone) which is ONLY
>sound. its pretty rad, too. you can talk to
>people all over the world...and theres no long-
>distance.

Does anyone know if a similar product exists for the Mac?

The answer is yes. There is a program called Maven (available from several
places although I can't recall where I downloaded it from) and it is what
the Mac version of Cu-SeeMe uses for audio. It supports the ability to
connect to multiple users simultaneously (although you have to know their IP
address) and it works fairly well over medium speed modems (14.4 and 28.8).
The Power Mac native version particularly works well as it supports a better
compression scheme (GSM). Hope this info helps.
_________

Judah Eckenberg
http://babel.uoregon.edu/yamada.html

Yamada Web Development Team