Re: Reflector on a Mac running Apple Unix?

Jeremy A. Green (jag@terra.net)
Mon, 24 Jul 1995 16:57:33 -0400

A/UX can't run on a powermac. The only Unix that I know of that can run on
a powermac is MachTEN. I do not know if the reflector works with machTen.
I may try compiling it at some point. The problem is, the current version
of MachTEN is not native and therefore is a little slow. Supposedly there
will be a new version that is native around the end of the month.

-Jeremy

>On Mon, 24 Jul 1995, Brendon Macaraeg wrote:
>
>> have a T1, how many users can connect to the reflector
>> simulatneously, and how that affects the number
>> of users connecting to our Web server, which may be
>> on the same UNIX box).
>>
>> One question: will the reflector software work on
>> a PowerMac running some type of UNIX software?
>
>KU Special Education has the setup you describe, i.e. Reflector, httpd,
>etc running under A/UX, while at the same time serving files on an
>Appletalk network. All processes behave within acceptable
>operating/performance ranges. BTW, the machine carrying this load is a
>Workgroup Server 95 (Quadra 950).

>Rob Burcham - BS, Computer Science
>University of Kansas "He's nuts! Somebody grab him!"
>Department of Special Education
>http://robb.sped.ukans.edu
>http://www.ukans.edu/~burcham

Jeremy Green