re: SNAPPY VIDEO CAPTURE

Jon Tara (jtara@connectnet.com)
Tue, 25 Jul 1995 20:03:10 -0700

>Date: Mon, 24 Jul 1995 11:21:52 -0700
>From: alicem@netcom.com (AliceM)
>To: CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
>Subject: SNAPPY VIDEO CAPTURE
>
>Have any of the pc users tried the Snappy parallel port video capture device
>with cuseeme (or vidcall)? I called Snappy's tech support and they were
>unable to assist me as they have never heard of cuseeme. More information
>about Snappy can be found at their homepage, http://www.play.com
>
>All information appreciated as I am at a dead end.

1. I don't think it supports 8-bit palletized format - it's strictly 24-bit.

2. There is no Video for Windows capture driver, a requirement.

3. (2) is probably because... it takes several MINUTES to acquire an image
from SNAPPY. (The name is somewhat of a misnomer.) <significant
understandment mode: ON> This results in a non-optimal frame rate for
video conferencing.
jtara@connectnet.com A new picture of San Diego Bay every half hour:
<URL:http://www.cts.com/~jtara/baycam.html>
jtara@mediashare.com Tools and services for CD-ROM and online catalogs: