Re: point-to-point conferencing

Michael Sattler (msattler@jungle.com)
Mon, 31 Jul 1995 00:47:41 -0700

At 11:39 7/27/95, walden@sierra.net wrote:
>I realize that most folks want to get onto a reflector and video
>conference. But
>what is the procedure for running a point-to-point (person to person)
>connection? Does one site or the other have to have a "private" reflector, or
>can I use the person's address, like "sam@xyz.edu?"

No, you supply the other person's machine's IP address. And:

Date: Fri, 28 Jul 1995 09:24:13 -0400
From: Tim_Dorcey@cornell.edu

Current versions of CU-SeeMe for the Macintosh (0.80b2 and below) will not
connect point-to-point unless at least one of the machines has video.
Hopefully, this can be fixed in time for the upcoming release.

To leave this list send listproc@cornell.edu a message body with the |
command "u*subscribe cu-seeme-l". (Replace the '*' with 'n'; if |
the "un" word had appeared then this message would have automagically |
been filtered to the trash by many people's filtering configuration.) |