Re: Newsgroup

Michael Sattler (msattler@jungle.com)
Mon, 31 Jul 1995 11:39:36 -0700

jtara@connectnet.com said:
>>From: dbarlow@spectra.net
>>
>>I agree whats the big deal of haveing a newsgroup started anyhow?
>
>The biggest drawback is that, unless it is a comp. group, it would not get
>universal propogation, and some people would not be able to read it...

On 12 May 1995 15:31:31 -0400 the UVV Votetaker posted a Call For Votes
that I'd crafted over several months for a comp.* CU-SeeMe newsgroup.
Pathetic but true, less than one hundred people voted one way or another.
Notices was sent to thes mailing list. Six months must pass between
attempts; at that time I'll try again.

To leave this list send listproc@cornell.edu a message body with the |
command "u*subscribe cu-seeme-l". (Replace the '*' with 'n'; if |
the "un" word had appeared then this message would have automagically |
been filtered to the trash by many people's filtering configuration.) |