Re: Problem getting Audio

Michael Sattler (msattler@jungle.com)
Mon, 31 Jul 1995 23:39:40 -0700

At 17:22 7/31/95, Bennett Frankel wrote:

>I found you need 115K for good audio on the PC with CU-SEEME. I am on an
>ISDN line.

The most sloppy audio transmission scheme commonly used doesn't generate
more than 30 kbps, the best around half that. You can easily* get
intelligible audio with one video stream at 56 kbps (a single ISDN bearer
channel in California). You need more to have several/many video streams
plus one audio stream.

*easily, assuming that you don't have any latency problems between you and
the outside world.

To leave this list send listproc@cornell.edu a message body with the |
command "u*subscribe cu-seeme-l". (Replace the '*' with 'n'; if |
the "un" word had appeared then this message would have automagically |
been filtered to the trash by many people's filtering configuration.) |