Re: Video Capture Cards

Chuck Elliot (C.Elliot@shu.ac.uk)
Thu, 01 Jun 1995 14:44:31 -0400

>To: bryan@wpine.com
>From: c.elliot@shu.ac.uk (Chuck Elliot)
>Subject: Re: Video Capture Cards
>Bcc:
>>Hi lurchers,
>

>That's a kind of dog, isn't it?
>
>just to clarify - VideoLogic Captivator *does* work with cuseeme.
> VideoLogic Captivator Pro/TV does *not* work with cuseeme
> ********
>

>>Anyway, following are 2 lists compiled by different people at different
times. These are the latest copies I have received via the CU-SeeMe mailing
list.

>>The first list was compiled by : Albert Foo (albert@more.net)
>>The second list was compiled by: Steven Sitt <sittsh@panix.com>
>>
>>Please o please direct your inquiries concerning these lists to them.
>>They may wish to respond listwise to let us know the current status of
their lists (you guys out there still?)

>>Also, these lists will change as CU-SeeMe matures, so please be patient
with Cornell and White Pine Software as they work on their releases - thanks.

>>However, White Pine is researching which video cards it wishes to support
(we're looking at boards which are low cost and keep end users happy).
Suggestions welcome.

>>Mr. Sattler (are you there??), please add these lists to your CU-SeeMe Web
page (if you haven't already) in "your spare time" (ha, ha, ha, guffaw,
guffaw). If the authors don't mind, it'd be nice if we gave them credit as
being keepers of the Windows video capture card lists.

>>CU later,
>>
>>Bill
>>
>>Standard Disclaimer: Obviously these lists may not be gospel. Please do
NOT base your purchasing decisions on these lists only. Perform some further
research - contact people using them, call the manufacturor, get an updated
list, do your homework :)

> [...]
>>
>>XING board
>>rcollins@antic.det.mun.ca
>>
>>Pro Movie Spectrum
>>kennerly@nr-tech.cit.cornell.edu
>>
>>*****Hauppauge Celebrity WIN/TV
>>kennerly@nr-tech.cit.cornell.edu
>>
>>Intel Indeo
>>kennerly@nr-tech.cit.cornell.edu
>>
>>MediaVision Pro Movie Studio/Spectrum
>>arvell@bilbo.pic.net (arvell hairston)
>>Upside down image
>>
>>Intel Smart Video Recorder Pro
>>jasontm@mindspring.com (J. T. Montgomery)
>>
>>Creative Labs Video Blaster RT300
>>Rich Kennerly <rbk1@cornell.edu>
>>kennerly@nr-tech.cit.cornell.edu
>>
>>Intel Smart Video Recorder Pro
>>matt@mindspring.com
>>
>>Digital Vision Computer Eyes Pro
>>kdk@gate.net
>>can not get xtransmit.
>>keep getting gpf from cuseeme in weyesrt.dll @0001:31c4
>>

>>___________________________________________________________
>>----------cards that work
>>
>>Creative Labs SE100 board
>>ACCSYS@cais.cais.com
>>
>>miro miroVIDEO D1 capture card
>>lbol@julian.uwo.ca
>>
>>Digital Vision's ComputerEyes 1024
>>kennerly@nr-tech.cit.cornell.edu
>>
>>Creative Labs Video Spigot for Windows (but no longer sold)
>>kennerly@nr-tech.cit.cornell.edu
>>Rich Kennerly <rbk1@cornell.edu>
>>
>>Digital Vision's ComputerEyes/RT (with new driver ~Dec '94)
>>kennerly@nr-tech.cit.cornell.edu
>>rravindr@INDYVAX.IUPUI.EDU
>>Rich Kennerly <rbk1@cornell.edu>
>>
>>Creative Labs Video Blaster and Blaster SE
>>kennerly@nr-tech.cit.cornell.edu
>>
>>Screen Machine Classic (you must install the Screen Machine version of Video
>>for Windows).
>>
>>Hauppauge Cinema WIN/TV
>>
>>Creative Labs FS-200
>>
>>Creative Labs Video Blaster FS200
>>Bennett Frankel <drbf@cais.cais.com>
>>
>>miro Computer Products miroVideo DC1 TV
>>scr@advge.magwien.gv.at
>>
>>Reveal tv300
>>jnguyen@wwa.com (Jack Nguyen)
>>
>>Orchid Technology Orchid Vidiola Pro/D
>>JPickle@aol.com
>>
>>Hauppauge Computer Works Win/TV Cinema
>>dreblow@alf.cns.muskingum.edu *****TV-Celebrity
>>albert@more.net TV-HighQ
>>

>>_______________________________________________________________
>>I am compiling a list of video capture boards that work or do
>>not work with cu-seeme. If you have set up cu-seeme succesfully
>>with a video capture board, please send me a message that
>>includes the brand and exact model number of the video capture
>>board you have used, and any other remarks about using it with
>>cu-seeme for windows. Also please send me a list of video
>>capture boards that do not work with cu-seeme so that I can
>>include them in my list. I would also like to include pcmcia
>>video capture cards.
>>
>> Thank You
>> sittsh@panix.com

>>Bill Ryan "Keeping You Connected"
>>Principal Software Engineer "CU-SeeMe Master Licensee"

Chuck Elliot
Sheffield Hallam University UK
tel. 0114 253315: fax. 0114 2533161
email C.Elliot@shu.ac.uk