Re: IP Address

J. Solomon Kostelnik (@@smtp-gw01.ny.us.ibm.net)
Fri, 02 Jun 95 22:25:13 EDT

On Fri, 2 Jun 1995 14:48:17 -0600 you wrote:

- SNIP -

> If you are not familiar with COMT, then you will love it: This
>software converts "AT" style commands to IP style calls. For instance: If
>you want to access any server (say COMPUSERVE's or any other) at, let's say
>200.12.165.19,(SPIN.COM.MX) you will have to setup your Dialer to dial: ATDT
>200012165019 or ATDT spin.com.mx. Pretty intuitive, huh?

- SNIP -

This is not really a new idea, but indeed a good one. I'm glad that it has
come out for Windows based software. Along with SIO, the top quality OS/2
comm. drivers comes Vmodem, which emulates a COM port, to use telnet
services with any existing comm. program.

Like I said, a great concept...
J. Solomon Kostelnik -
jsk0001@ibm.net (IBM InterNet Connection)
Operating under OS/2 WARP!