Subject: Re: cu-seeme and the Mbone
From: Ben Anderson <B.Anderson@lut.ac.uk> at internet
Date: 6/6/95 06:54

> On Mon, 5 Jun 1995, david a. schlussel wrote:
>
> > I'm trying to find a way to rebroadcast mbone sessions over
> > our cu-seeme reflector. Most of our machines are PC's
> > or macs.
> >

> Well, for the Net95 conference here in Ottawa, we are planning an m-bone
> broadcast and a re-broadcast through CUSEEME to participants locally on
> PCs. Any more light on this would be nice too.....
>
> William F. Maton

The latest version (3.01 ?) of Cornell University's CU-SeeMe reflector will
'listen' for packets (audio and video) on a specified multicast address and then
reflect them in a unicast manner to any connected CU-SeeMe clients. So it does
exactly what you both want. It's all in the reflector README.

Of course you may want to ensure that _only_ local CU-SeeMe users connect to the
reflector...

Ben

--
Please read <a href="http://pipkin.lut.ac.uk/~ben/sig.html">my signature</a>.