Re: NBC

Andrew Lih (lih@dragon.cnm.columbia.edu)
Tue, 06 Jun 1995 09:22:51 -0400

In message <abf9ab4501021004483f@[150.203.38.232]>, Neal Gowen writes:
> >yes they did.. covering the Party Doll movie "premiere" broadcast.
> >--paul--

Minor correction -- "Party Girl" was the name of the movie.

> It was shown here on Oz TV news too. It was equated with watching the
> first movie pictures early this century.

I'm not sure it was _that_ monumental, but it was pretty significant.
It would be great if the people from POPCO could post their experience
with setting up the broadcast and the performance characteristics.

The Center for New Media was a NYC reflector site. We eventually
requested audio to be upped to Intel DVI at 32 kbps, because delta-mod
was simply inadequate for all the intense music/voice-over segments of
the movie. Other than that, the entire broadcast went very smoothly,
averaging about 3-6 frames/sec.

-Andrew

Andrew Lih Columbia University
"Technologist" Center for New Media