Re: Network Traffic?

David H. Brown (dhbrown@rspac.ivv.nasa.gov)
Wed, 7 Jun 1995 00:10:14 -0400 (EDT)

Ben,

On Tue, 6 Jun 1995, Ben Wern wrote:

> This isn't directly related to CU-SeeMe, but I'm wondering if anyone has any
> resources for network traffic analysis. I'm interested in overall stuff, and
> by how much is in use by CU-SeeMe and similar apps. Anyone have any map /
> number locations?

Check out

ftp://ftp.digital.com/pub/net/ip/manage/

For a number of good UNIX tools for network monitoring, including the
popular NNStat. Also good is NetraMet, which I understand will run on
PC's

wuarchive.wustl.edu directory /doc/mailing-lists/accounting-wg/NeTraMet
ftp.aarnet.edu.au directory pub/tools/NeTraMet
ftp.delmarva.com directory pub/nms

ftp.auckland.ac.nz directory pub/iawg/NeTraMet
at any time between 0700 and 2000 GMT (traffic charges to New
Zealand - which they pay - are cheaper between 8 pm and 9 am)

You may also be interested in the research being done at the San Diego
Supercomputer Center. Check out their ftp archive at

ftp://ftp.sdsc.edu/pub/sdsc/networking

dhb