Re: EUnet GB policy on Cu-SeeMe and similar applications

Per Gregers Bilse (bilse@EU.NET)
Wed, 7 Jun 1995 09:10:35 +0200

On Jun 7, 1:42, Simon Biggs <simonb@easynet.co.uk> wrote:
> The reality is that EUNet has had a German monopoly on the international
> gateway in and out of Germany. It has also controlled comms in and out of
> several other European states. I now this because I've worked in Germany
> and Holland and had to negotiate international access with EUNet via
> Deutsche Telecom for some high-bandwidth events. Not pleasant. In one case

For your information, you are confusing EUnet with Eunetcom. EUnet
is Europe's oldest and largest Internet Service Provider, Eunetcom is
a joint venture between Deutsche Telecom and France Telecom,
instituted a couple of years ago. We have fought a long legal battle
over what we consider misappropriation of our name, but generally
don't have the means to fight the likes of telecom giants.

--
===    ___                        === Per G. Bilse, Mgr Network Operations Ctr
===   /     /  /   __   ___  _/_  === EUnet Communications Services B.V.