Re: hiya

Rodney M. Dyer (rmdyer@uncc.edu)
Fri, 9 Jun 1995 14:05:42 -0400

>easy as pie, connect nv and vat to the desired reflector ip

Not so easy as you are leading people to believe.

Reflector operators need to release the nv, vat connection
port number to the public for that to work. The port number seems
to be different on every reflector I have connected to. Also,
reflector operators need to be smart enough to enable IP multicast
options if they are rebroadcasting (unicasting) MBONE conferences.

Rodney

Rodney M. Dyer
PC Network Administrator
College of Engineering