Re: ISDN v 28.8 with CUSM - poll

drbf@cais.cais.com
Sat, 10 Jun 1995 23:19:16 -0400

Nancy,
I have both, a 28.8 and 115k ISDN line. Cu-seeme needs a high speed line.
Sound on a PC
is not possible at 28.8. So I would suggest a min 56k line. for video and
115k-128k for
video and sound. Hope this helps.
Bennett
<---- Begin Included Message ---->
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 1995 14:59:56 -0500
From: nancy@justicerecords.com (justice records)
To: <CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu>
Subject: ISDN v 28.8 with CUSM - poll

I'm contemplating a CU-See Me event from a remote location and may not be
able to get ISDN access (short of satellite transmission!). I've heard
folks say its reasonable to do CUSM without ISDN, and I've heard the
opposite. I'd like to hear different opinions on this (please respond to my
e-mail vs the list so I don't create unnecessary traffic on this already
busy list).

Also, in videocasting at a remote location, are there good CUSM compatible
cameras you have worked with which can go wireless for any distance (75' to
150' or more)?

Any comments are greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Nancy

Nancy K. Worthington - Alternative Marketing Department
Justice Records - Redefining Independence
nancy@JusticeRecords.com
(713) 520-6669 fax (713) 525-4444

<---- End Included Message ---->