crashing when connecting (was: unused reflectors)

Robert Hsiung (dr-bob@uchicago.edu)
Wed, 14 Jun 1995 08:44:51 -0600

At 11:39 AM 6/14/95, Chuck Elliot wrote:

>I haven't heard of a reflector crashing clients before. Are you sure it
>isn't the local setup?

The local setup = on my computer? Other reflectors work fine for me.

I just saw your post about your reflector crashing. I wonder (1) if clients
who are connected crash when that happens and (2) if my crashing is related
in any way to your crashing. I don't think I transmit at a particularly
high rate, but maybe that's relative.

>I don't know how the nicknanmes mechanism works
>because I use a PC.

It's just a file listing nicknames and what they refer to. You didn't give
an IP address, so I just used kingfisher.cms.shu.ac.uk. You know, it was
the first time I tried using a domain name, before I just used IP
addresses, maybe that was the problem, maybe they don't work with
nicknames.

Could you post your IP address? Then I'll try it the old way and see what
happens.

>No-one else has complained of this to me.

No news is good news, eh? :-)